The main building at Cardiff Airport was built way back in the 1950’s – continuing to improve and grow over the past 70 years. Now, the airport plays host for 1.5 million passengers per year, with flights going to more than 60 destinations.
If it’s you first time at the airport, you’ll find basic services like check-in desks and arrivals on the ground floor. Departures are also located on the ground floor too. Up on the first floor, is the much large departures lounge and what’s been called the International Pier – a very nice place to await your flight.
Leave plenty of time
It’s customary to allow 3 hours for your European flight, and more for Long Haul trips.
- International flights – check in 3 hours prior to departure.
- European flights – check in 2 hours prior to departure.
- Domestic flights – check in 90 minutes prior to departure.
For most European and internal flights, boarding begins about 45 minutes before departure.
If you’re leaving your car at Cardiff Airport, visit our dedicated parking guide to get the best deals.
- Tel : + 44 (0) 1446 711111
- Car Hire – Most large providers are located within the terminal, smaller local counterparts are located just outside the main terminal.
- Executive Lounge – If you want a quieter start to your trip, the executive lounge is located on the second floor.
- Places of Worship – Like most international airports, Cardiff has its own inter-faith room allowing your quiet contemplation and prayer. Find this room on the ground floor next to the special assistance desk.
- Trolleys – For £1, you can use a heavy duty luggage trolley, great if you’re packing quite heavily for your trip.